Last updated: 11th June 2018
At Handicare, we put our priority on protecting your personal information. Acknowledging the importance of your personal information, we strive to secure and carefully process the information you share with us.
Your trust is paramount and thus, we take measures to protect your personal information. Our collection, use and sharing of your information is only based on your permission or where allowed by law.
We at Handicare help safeguard your data through technical data security and internal management procedures as well as physical data protection measures.
Handicare respects its customers’ privacy, and we will use your personal information solely for legitimate business purposes and in accordance with applicable law.
This policy explains:
- Who is responsible for your data
- What personal information we collect about you
- Why we collect and how we use that information
- The legal basis for our collection and use of your personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- How your personal information is protected
- How long we keep the information
- How you can access and update your personal information
We have tried to keep this policy as simple as possible, but if you have any questions around the company’s processing of your personal information, please contact us , see section 2.
Handicare is responsible for processing your personal data as stated in this privacy statement. Personal data of clients and users of our products and services are treated carefully and secure. Depending on which product area and country you are dealing with, the responsible Handicare entity may differ. Please refer to the respective country and product homepages where you will find full contact details to the relevant counterpart.
3. What information do we collect?
The types of personal information that we may collect from or about you include:
- First and last name, address, e-mail address, phone number and gender.
We do not collect sensitive personal information, such as data on your race, political opinions, religious and other beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation or behavior, or genetic data.
In addition to the information you provide yourself, Handicare can record and collect additional information when using Handicare services. This involves, for example:
Information about your activities on our website as well as your used internet browser and type of device with which you visit our website.
3.1 Personal data of persons younger than 16 years
Our website and / or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are younger than 16 years. Unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we cannot check if a visitor is older than 16. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this consent, please contact us and we will delete this information.
4. Why do we collect information about you and how will we use it?
The personal information collected is used and disclosed for our business purposes. Such purposes may include:
- register you on our website and manage our website services (including the processing of search queries), to execute the request you have concluded with us and to provide you with the requested services;
- assess and analyze our market, customers, products and services
- enable us to evaluate, review and improve our products and services
- to have our local partner contact you;
- for marketing purposes, based on your consent;
- competitions with which prizes can be won or promotional campaigns
5. What is the legal basis for our use of your personal information?
The majority of your personal information is collected, used and disclosed in order to manage your active request and therefore based on legitimate interest. If you opt in for Marketing, the data processing it is based on consent.
6. When do we disclose your personal information?
We may share your information:
- with our partners, suppliers, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing the business relationship.
- with Handicare Group subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf
- with suppliers, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- in response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, ordinance, license, operating agreement, or legal process. In such a case, we will endeavour to not disclose more personal information than is required under the circumstances;
- with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Handicare Group or others;
- if we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing;
- in an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
When we share personal information with other parties, as described above, we typically require that they only use or disclose such personal information in a manner consistent with the use and disclosure provisions of this policy.
We may share personal information with parties both in and outside of your home jurisdiction, and as result, we may transfer the information described in this policy to, and process and store it in, countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or European Economic Area (“EEA”), some of which may have less protective data protection laws than your country. If this would be the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this policy, primarily by using so called standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
7. How long is your personal information retained?
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, Handicare endeavours to retain your personal information for 1 year or as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the personal information was collected. We may, instead of destroying or erasing your personal information, make it anonymous such that it cannot be associated with or tracked back to you.
If you have consented to receive marketing information you can always opt out at any time.
8. Access to your personal information
Handicare will comply with an individual’s requests regarding access, correction, transfer and/or deletion of the personal data we store in accordance with applicable law. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information, please contact the company, see section 2. Please note that any such communication must be in writing. In order to protect your personal data from unauthorized persons, we ask you to add a copy of your identity card to your application so that we can check it.
In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavour to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
As an individual you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority.
9. Changes to the policy
We may from time to time change this policy to reflect changes in legal or regulatory obligations or in the manner in which we deal with your personal information. We will communicate any revised version of this policy. Any changes to this policy will be effective from the time they are communicated, provided that any change that relates to why we collect, use or disclose your personal information will not apply to you where your consent is required, until we have obtained your consent to such change.